Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering/NC A&T State University, Greensboro, NC
|Masters of Science in Nanoengineering||Summer 2019|
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
|Graduate Certificate, Microelectronic, and Photonics||February 2016|
North Carolina A&T State University
|Bachelors of Science, Engineering Physics||December 1984|
|Teaching Assistant, JSNN Nano 702: Nano Physical Principles||Fall 2018|
|Applied Materials, Inc. Operations Manager||April 2011 – July 2017|
|Manor High School Math/Physics teacher||August 2010 – April 2011|
|Hutto High School Math teacher||January 2010 – June 2010|
|Martial Arts School Owner Chief Instructor, Third Degree Black Belt||August 2003 – December 2009|
|Motorola, Inc. Product Engineer||April 2000 – August 2003|
|Advanced Micro Devices Operations Engineer||June 1997 – April 2000|
|Motorola, Inc. Device Engineer||August 1992 – June 1997|
|Motorola, Inc. Process Engineer||August 1989 – June 1992|
|The United States Air Force, Veteran Rank: Captain||January 1985 – August 1988 (DD Form 214)|
- Industry research (proceedings)
- Graduate research assistant, Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, microfluidics
- Contact Angle Goniometer
- Keyence Profile Analyzing Laser Microscope, V-KX1000 Series
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Nano indentation
- Optical Microscope
- Scanning Electron Microscopy – Auriga/EVO
- Teaching, Research, and Service: Preparing for Academic Positions
- “Quantifiable Effects of Liquid-Infused Porous Surfaces on the Flow Properties of Fluid Delivery Systems,” Master’s Thesis, August 2019
- “Optimizing Phosphine Doped TEOS Final Passivation Process for MOS Technologies,” published and presented at Motorola Analytical Technology Symposium (MATS), 27 April 1995 Proceedings, Tempe, Arizona, page 467.
- Spring 2018 Central North Carolina Section of the American Chemical Society, “Engineering Atomic Layer Deposition of TiO2 on Lithium Metal via Taguchi Design of Experiments,” Syngenta, Greensboro, NC.
- Fall 2018 Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, Nanomanufacturing Conference, “Quantifiable Effects of Liquid-Infused Porous Surfaces on the Flow Properties of Fluid Delivery Systems,” Greensboro, NC.
- Fall 2019, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting and Exhibit, 5 December, “Porous liquid infused surfaces in microfluidics for fluid delivery: Pressure and heat transfer measurements,” Boston, Massachusetts.
- Spring 2020, 28 January, Keynote Speaker, 34th Annual Dr. Ronald E. McNair Memorial Luncheon, “To Infinity and Beyond: Be the Aggie in the Room,” NC A&T Student Center, Greensboro, NC.
|Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.||Spring 1987 – present Keeper of Records, 1988 – 1989; 2017|
|Teaching volunteer, Providence Baptist Church||Spring – 2018 – present SAT Prep Course, Mathematics|
What People Say
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.Walt Disney
It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.J. K. Rowling
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.Dr. Seuss